“Comprehensive Laser Training: Periodontal, Surgical and Restorative Care”
NO COURSES AVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
COURSE OVERVIEW – Two Days, 12 CEU’s
This two day course is designed for both general practitioners and specialists. It will focus on advanced hard and soft tissue Waterlase and iLase periodontal, surgical, laser and related restorative applications including the new REPaiR(tm) protocol which Dr. Schlesinger, among other clinicians, was involved in designing. The course objectives include competency in treatment planning, understanding the underlying laser physics & biology of wound healing, as well as guidelines for short and long-term patient management. Cases will be presented in detail to illustrate recommended treatment protocols.
Insurance codes and fees are an important aspect of everyday practice and will also be discussed. By the end of the course, each attendee will feel competent in the use of a laser and will be able to return to his/ her practice with greater expertise, skill and confidence in laser assisted procedures.
- Analysis of how the properties of Erbium laser physics lend themselves to intra-oral hard and soft tissue surgical procedures.
- Understanding current concepts in the etiology and pathogenesis of inflammation and periodontitis.
- Develop a real-world perspective on wound healing and tissue regeneration.
- Develop a true understanding of clinical applications that will enable the dentist to adjust parameters on a case by case basis, not simply memorizing a protocol.
- Overview of the REPaiR(tm) protocol for periodontal therapy.
- Investigate the role of laser therapy on general restorative procedures.
- Incorporate lasers into both surgical and restorative aspects of implant dentistry.
- Laser protocols with respect to hard and soft tissue procedures.
- Hands-on experience with periodontal, soft tissue, and crown lengthening procedures.
- Low level laser therapy.
- Periodontal regeneration, including biomaterials such as Emdogain, collagen membranes, and allografts.
- Atraumatic extractions and socket preservation.
- Diagnosis and management of peri-implantitis.
- Patient management from post-operative care to long-term maintenance.
- Marketing and guidelines for insurance coding.